Saturday, July 18, 2009

Phoenix July 2009

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION






No sane person would go to Phoenix in the summer without a darn good reason.

I have 4.
Andrew, Traci, Ian and Hannah.

They asked for cousin Ellie, who was my shadow the entire time. Really.








I'm not sure why these goggles were bathtub toys and not out by the pool, but the girls enjoyed them just the same.













We swam every morning between 8 and 9 am. Ellie wanted to swim again that afternoon, but it was too hot for that tender skin to be out, so I told her, "How about if we swim AT NIGHT! WHEN IT'S DARK!!"

Her eyes got big, and she said, "That would be WONDERFUL!"













Ian was always cautious, and stayed right around the edge where he could grasp the side if need be. Earlier in the season he had an accidental dunk.






















Diego and Kai-Lan were the guests at Ian and Hannah's family birthday party on Monday night. Sweet!







Hannah was helpful while I baked. She spread the paper plates out-----aaaaaaalllllllll across the counter.











Ellie helped lick the beaters.



















Ian turned 4,
Hannah turned 2.










Although Ian wanted Ellie there, sometimes the girls were very loud. He plays well by himself, and at one point went into his room and locked the door for some alone time.
He came out later covered with stamped tattoos.
Wish I had taken a picture.
Papi and I both had a fun time
'fwimming' the girls.
Hannah had a cold, so she spent
a lot of the time out on the pool
apron with a watering can, watering
inanimate objects. Like me.


I'm not sure why, but Ellie wanted me
to get this picture of her wet hair.

Oops! She tried to blow into
the water with her lips,
dunked her nose.


On Saturday was the BIG party at the
Bounce Jungle.
Ian and Hannah and
1,000 of their closest
preschool friends,
with their families,
attended.
























Both Mommy and Daddy
enjoyed the slides with
the kids!



Traci always throws
an incredible party!
I couldn't aske for a
more terrific daughter-in-law!







No comments: